Warner Bros. has announced the release date for the second season of "The Vampire Diaries" on Blu-Ray and DVD. You can get your hands on all the bloody goodness on August 30, 2011 -- giving you plenty of time to re-watch all 22 episodes before Season 3 premieres. Well... if you call in sick a couple of times, and never really sleep.
In addition to every episode of Season 2, here's what you can expect when you buy your DVD.
- A digital copy. Not only will you be able to watch on your DVD player, but you'll be able to load all the episodes onto your iPad, iPhone, or pet robot.
- Pages of the Wolf: Three Featurettes. The introduction of the werewolf pack to "The Vampire Diaries" this season paid off in a big way at the end. The first wolf featurette, "The Myth and The Mystery," will explore the lore behind the new creatures. The second one, "Building the Beasts" will show you how the cast and crew worked with real and mechanical wolves behind the scenes. The third, "Howling at the Moon," will give you an inside look at Michael Trevino's transformation process.
- "Her Own Worst Enemy: Elena, Catherine and Nina!" This featurette explores Nina's work as both Katherine and Elena and gives fans an inside look at the characters and the actress behind them.
- "The Perfect Love Triangle: Vampires, Werewolves, Witches: Setting the Record Straight on Who's Nibbling on Whom for the First Two Season." The cast and creators weigh in on the show's romantic geometry problems.
- The gag reel! Last year's gag reel featured Nina tripping, Paul drooling, and more graceful moments we didn't see on The CW. Can't wait to see what they come up with this time!
- Deleted scenes. On the first season DVD set, we saw a glimpse at a deleted scene that revealed a lot about Matt and his not-so-boring family history. What new information will this year's unaired moments offer?
- Commentary on "Masquerade." Executive producers Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson weigh in on this season's most glamorous episode.