Wednesday, February 9, 2011

update : LJ Smith confirms her firing

so as promised we are keeping you up to date with the latest happenings in regards to the rumoured Lj smith sacking and unfortunately it appears to be true. Lj smith took to her blog to confirm the news which we had all been dreading :

"First, I want to thank my readers for all their messages of support. I’ve gotten far too many emails to answer, and I really appreciate the kindness and emotional sustenance you’ve given to me at this difficult time.

Second, if you’ve asked me a question about the future books or the endgame of The Vampire Diaries and I’ve been vague about what’s in store, I’d like to take this opportunity to apologize. I really wasn’t looking forward to the day when I would have to talk about this.

Third, and most importantly, I want to ask anyone who was thinking of it, not to boycott Harper’s or anyone. It just doesn’t make sense. Although I wanted and still want more than anything to be able to continue The Vampire Diaries series myself, there’s no point in not trying the new books. (And remember, for fans of Bonnie and Damon, and strict Stefan and Elena fans, the immediate dynamics may be more to your liking.) Besides which, Midnight, which is all mine, is coming out in March, and I believe there may be some of my writing in Phantom.

Thanks again to all the fans who have shown loving and loyal kindness to me"


so not only has she been fired but it seems Harpers already have their end stories set with a damon/bonnie and stefan/elena end points now i know there will be alot of unhappy fans if this is the case but i guess only time will tell what will happen. Let us know : Are you going to boycott the books after Midnight (which is to be Lj smiths last one) ?


Thanks to Vampire Diaries online for the heads up

No comments: